Instance notes field: Ability to attach some custom info such as a server name, role, and/or description to an EC2 instance. (Amazon EC2 Resource Tagging) Multi user + groups for access control. (AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) ) Custom human friendly machine name/alias field, in addition to instance id (Not tags). This is half there. The "Name" tag is special and appears in other views. Post launch parameter change: Ability to change certain EC2 instance parameters after launch such as security groups (avail in VPC). More traditional and logical EC2 firewall security grouping system: security groups don't work how you would expect. Multiple vNIC / IP address support.
- Packet sniffing - Firewall level traffic visibility: to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Quicker support for significant Windows Server releases
such as Windows Server 2008 R2 (still not available).
- Windows support for GPU instances.
- Description field for Elastic IPs
- Host header support for ping health check i.e. ping uses a fully qualified URL and passes the hostname http header.
- Elastic IP support.
Support for load balancing internal/backend services.
DNS service.(Amazon Route53) Console support for Identity and Access Management.
- Billing breakdown/view by resource group/tag
- Elastic Beanstalk .Net/Mono support
More open information on peering and/or have more direct Internet connectivity options via ISPs as a product (not private connectivity).Now available see AWS Direct Connect
- Move instances/resources between accounts without copying or some other form of logical grouping containers, billing containers, and security containers.
- Ability to copy AMIs between regions.
- Copy an RDS backup to S3 in another region.
Last updated: 02/07/2014